Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A long time coming

Twenty-six years ago Howard was based in Vienna with a summer mission. When we were married two years later, he told me that one day he wanted to take me to Vienna. He had loved the city and wanted me to see it too. After living in Germany for almost 11 years we finally made it to Vienna last week, with the help of a very generous gift.
I took tons of pictures so it will take a few posts to share just a few of them with you. Featured today are the Swiss Alps. As we were leaving Zurich the pilot said we would have a glorious view of the alps. We looked out the window at the overcast conditions and then at each other. Ya right. Quite a view. Well, the pilot was right and we were very wrong. He even confirmed with us all that he was indeed right... "See what I mean? Didn't I tell you the view would be spectacular?" And it was...





1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, Eileen - I'm SO glad you were able to go!!!! What a blessing! I will look forward to seeing all your pictures!