Thursday, May 7, 2009

The chore

There are not very many things I don't like doing - especially work. Give me a project and I'm happy. However, there is one job that is a chore for me and I just don't enjoy it at all. We are responsible to keep the street in front of our house free of weeds. Yes, it's true and I think it's ridiculous too. The worst part is that our section of the street is cobblestone and the dirt and weeds build up in there almost overnight.
Yesterday I couldn't stand it any longer so I tackled this odious project
It takes about two hours from start to finish.
The results are worth it, even if I can hardly stand up or walk once the job is done.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Do you actually hand pick all those weeds? I have sometimes used vinegar and sprayed it on weeds in the cracks. Pouring plain hot boiling water works too. or else the old stand-by which you might not have there...Round-Up (I came from a farm, alright.)

Shawna said...

Nicely done, Eileen! I agree, the result is great. It's kind of like moving into a new house. . . .

markscape said...

After seeing you at Hieber's I thought, I wonder what Eileen has been up to lately? Haven't checked the blog for a while. Well, well - this deserves a comment! It doesn't get much more German than pulling weeds along the curb! Way to go. Were my eyes just playing tricks, or did I fail to see Howard on any of those photos?