Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The end of the road - almost...

Bethany has almost completed her time as an aupair. I cannot believe how quickly the year has gone. I took a few shots of the neighbourhood today when I went to pick her up with her first suitcase.
You will notice that there are several barriers on this street. This is a very simple way of slowing down the traffic. It's pretty tough to drive quickly down a street like this, especially when there are also bikes galore, children and pedestrians, besides other vehicles. Did I also mention the speed bumps?
The family she has been working for this year lives in a very lovely and quiet residential area - lots of trees and old homes.
This is my favourite...old home, that is...
This is where she lived this year.
The dreaded "Meierweg". Her little charge often complains that this walking path to the house is sooooo long!

1 comment:

fivegranos said...

What are Bethany's plans for the coming year?