Saturday, July 25, 2009

Camp

On the morning of the beginning of camp two weeks ago, our girls got "the call" to come and counsel. It only took a few minutes for them to decide that yes, they would go. It was really cool for me that this opportunity had suddenly arisen for the girls as this was the camp that I went to as a kid and then counseled at as a teenager.
Though now painted pretty funky colours, the cabins are still exactly the same inside as they were when I was at Riverside. Oh, I guess there's one pretty marked difference - the cabins now have power!


The girls had such an amazing week and loved everything about being at the camp. They said they'd had a blast! The kids were great, the food was delicious and the mornings were COLD! Everything camp should be!









2 comments:

Rose said...

What a neat experience for Bethany and Katy! and I love Bethany's new haircut!!

Mike said...

Probably some lifetime memories here, maybe for campers and the Dueck girls.