Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Adelboden - part 2

On the way up to Adelboden we stopped in a little town that we've driven through several times. It was quite delightful...



This graveyard was so beautiful and in such an amazing setting.







Do you recognize these verses?



These were the loudest sheep I have ever heard!
On to Adelboden...





When the cattle are brought down in the summer they are paraded through town and some of the poor beasts have to wear these HUGE bells and wear flower garlands on their heads!

2 comments:

Tim Shuman said...

Hey that's my Grandma's home town - Frutigen!! You drove right past the home she grew up in in the center of town. That's her old church. I hope you stopped and said hello to my Cousins. Tim

Sarah said...

Wow, those photos are breathtaking! So beautiful. In my family we used to sing that song/verse on the chalet as a round:)