Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weed-itis

You've all heard all about my weed issues - probably more than you would care to! Well, indulge me again as I bore you with yet another weed story. Last night I heard a tractor in close proximity of our house. I didn't think anything of it because tractors are often going down the street or past our house. No big deal.
After a few minutes I glanced out the window and I stopped dead in my tracks (and then rushed off to get my camera!). There was a farmer spraying weeds in broad daylight! I couldn't believe it! I have threatened many times to buy some Roundup and get out there under the cover of darkness and spray those weeds into oblivion! However, I've never had the courage to do that for fear of what the neighbours would think.
But there he was - calmly blasting out the weeds.The ironic thing is that I had come in about half an hour earlier from scraping and cutting weeds away from the sidewalk along the street. Had I known that this farmer was on his way.......

No comments: