Saturday, June 14, 2008

European Football Championships

Just one more post before we go...
The European Football (soccer) Championships are going on right now
and Switzerland and Austria are hosting them.
Soccer is HUGE in Europe so the fans come out in droves...
This is downtown Basel.
I borrowed the picture from the internet.

One of the big screens is even set up on one of the bridges over the
Rhein.
Pretty amazing what these Swiss come up with.

Closer to home, our neighbour boy was sitting outside our fence
this afternoon
trading soccer cards with some friends. I told them that kids in
Canada trade hockey cards
and they thought that was rather funny!
I suppose they couldn't imagine such a thing.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Have a GREAT time in England! I'm anticipating some great pictures!!

Hi! My name is Janet. said...

I hope you're having a great time! Thanks for hosting my luggage for a week, and I, too, can't wait to see some pictures when you get back!