Monday, January 19, 2009

Another project completed

Early last year I got going on putting a recipe book together for the girls. I wanted the book to be finished for Bethany when she graduated. When it was looking like she would be staying close to home this year, I put the book aside for awhile even though I was almost finished.
I finally got it printed over the weekend and now it's finished!

Last night I presented the finished product to the girls and they were, as you can see, very pleased. This book represents hours and hours of work, but it was so worth it. At this point it has 77 recipes - family favourites as well as all those other recipes you need to have handy - and there's lots of room to add more as they start cooking on their own. I am as pleased as they are!


2 comments:

Mike said...

That is such a sweet gift, a treasure and a treasury both. Makes me want to help add to it. Do you have or want a recipe for Oatmeal Pie? You can put Maple syrup in it if you want to, and nuts. It's similar to pecan pie, good with walnuts, cheaper to make, easy,flexible and reliable, and the recipe I have is from
near-Canada. (Vermont)

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

sure! sounds like fun!!