Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday drive

Howard and I decided to go for a drive this afternoon. I was feeling somewhat better and I felt like getting out. I had told the girls at lunch that when I was a kid we often went for Sunday drives. We'd all pile in the car, make a stop at "The Dog House" on the way for ice cream and then drive through town. They thought this was very interesting... Our town was (and still is) pretty small so there wasn't much new to see from week to week, but it was part of our family tradition and I think we all enjoyed it - at least the ice cream part!

Today we took some roads less traveled and saw lots of work in progress. The orchards and vineyards are all being pruned for a new season of growth. What a lot of work. As Howard said, there's a good reason why they always look so nice and cared for.



We drove on and stopped to take a picture of this little village - Sitzenkirch. This is where I directed the choir for 6 years as BFA has its elementary school here. It's only 3 km from Kandern.

We arrived home to find the neighbour's cat, Peter, enjoying the sun and our car blanket. This is such a pesky cat. He actually let me pet him a bit today for the first time ever, and then started trying to bite and claw me so I gave up. The neighbours have 4 young children and maybe he's got good defense mechanisms for a reason! And it's probably also why he spends so much time hiding in our yard!

No comments: