Thursday, January 22, 2009

A slow sick day

I think it's a lot less complicated to have a cold here in Germany. I say that mainly because there isn't the vast choice of cold products available so choosing what to buy is not much of a decision. Vitamins are expensive here so we always bring those with us from Canada. And, a bottle of this size would be unheard of. Vicks (or "Wick" here in Germany) is a popular cold comfort brand but a tiny jar of the VapoRub can set you back almost 5 Euro ($8).
Fortunately the sun is shining today and a warm "Föhn" (Chinook) wind is blowing so that makes me feel a little better.

4 comments:

Dianne Dueck said...

Hope you feel better soon Eileen!

Ellie said...

I'm sad you couldn't be here last night, but I hope you feel better soon!!

M.E. said...

Gute Besserung!!

Alma said...

Have you tried odorless garlic pills? They sure work for me. Garlic in any form kills ALL germs. Take as soon as you feel a cold coming on. Fresh garlic even better, if your husband and daughters don't mind.