Monday, November 24, 2008

Our neighbours

Yesterday this was our neighbour's window box full of red geraniums. By late morning today it had been transformed into a winter scene. However, this is only part one. One evening before the first advent, they will unveil part two and many from the neighbourhood will come by for a short program (complete with a story and singing accompanied by the guitar), hot drinks and Christmas goodies. They will have created a Christmas scene on the window and will have completely changed the "set" in front. This is an amazing and lovely couple. He is a retired Lutheran minister and is full of energy and the joy of life. I saw him out measuring the window the other day and I can only imagine that what will go up this year will be another magnificent creation.

1 comment:

Hi! My name is Janet. said...

i cant wait to see it! I'm bummed I didn't get to see more of you guys, but Happy American Thanksgiving :)