Sunday, November 30, 2008

What a daaaaaaaayyyyy.......

First thing yesterday morning, we dashed into Basel in a last-ditch attempt to find Katy a dress for the banquet that evening. This whole episode requires a very long explanation as to why in the world we were looking for a dress the morning of the banquet, however, I will not bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that within 10 minutes of being dropped off downtown, Katy had found a dress and we met up with Howard about 10 minutes after that. Our multiple prayers had been answered and we were all very, very thankful, and somewhat relieved!
We zipped home in time for me to get out to a guys' dorm to cut some hair. My clients were ready and waiting, and in about an hour and 45 minutes I had cut, thinned and cleaned up 7 heads.
I just love cutting hair for these great guys. There are always lots of laughs along the way.
The results. Unfortunately the guy sweeping up had cleaned all the lint out of the broom by the time I remembered to take a picture. Sorry about that.
Home for lunch and a quick break before heading up to the girls' dorm where we sub. When I arrived there, the "Starry Night Salon" was well underway. The dorm mom gets several women to come up to the dorm the day of the banquet to help the girls get ready. It's always great fun.



Beth got in on it from the other side this year by helping with hair.


After three hours at the dorm, we rushed over to take pictures of the girls who were almost ready when we arrived. This pre-banquet picture-taking tradition goes way, way back.
I didn't get a decent picture of Katy with her date, so here she is with her friend's date for the evening.


Aren't they just so lovely?!?!

I almost forgot to add that after that incredibly full day, Howard and I went over to the banquet for the program later that evening. A good time was had by all.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh.... it looks like it was a great day! I have to admit, banquet day is one of the things I miss most about not being there!

Hi! My name is Janet. said...

so, i don't know what dress katy was planning on wearing, but i don't think it could have been better than the one she got! so pretty!! and i miss banquet too. :(

Rose said...

What happened to the other dress? (I think it was purple?). I would not be bored with the details you know...