Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Bethany!

We had a plan. I had contacted Bethany's employer to ask if it would be alright to come on the morning of her birthday (this morning) to deliver some flowers to her. He said that was no problem, and in fact, they were thinking of giving her the day off. So he said we could come and bring and flowers and then kidnap her and take her home. I was excited! What a plan!!
Yesterday I was sitting on the couch in the living room nursing a migraine when I heard the back door open. School was out so I was sure it was Katy. Instead, it was BETH! She said the family had gone out for the day and that she'd had a headache and stayed behind. Then she decided that she just wanted to come home. At any rate, the plan for the next morning was foiled! I wrote to her boss and he said to just tell her that she had the day off on her birthday, that they sent their warmest wishes to her and that there would be a present waiting for her when she got back on Thursday morning. These are really some amazing people that she's working for!
Anyway, this morning was the gift opening at home instead of in the van and we were all quite fine with that!


So she spent the morning doing the things she loves the best. These are her flowers that only got delivered as far as her bedroom!
I also have an amazing boss. She thought that I would probably like to be able to spend the day with my daughter on her last birthday in Europe, so once she got back to the library after her German class I was free to go home!
It was a beautiful day so we drove the 13 km to Badenweiler to find a cafe where we could sit outside in the sun and enjoy our lunch.
We both agreed that this was a bad picture but we also both agreed that it had to be here to mark the day.

Beth just had to pose with this statue...


Home to decorate the carrot cake which Bethany referred to often as "just a big muffin".
Beth set another beautiful birthday table.


The girls and their guests....


1 comment:

Mike said...

Oh, another birthday I forgot! So sorry, Bethany. H+E, you have such good girls, young ladies, good kids. Could it be that they see how you treat and regard each other and others? I think so. Thanks for sharing the events in their and your lives.