Sunday, March 15, 2009

Poor Peter

You may recall our neighbour's pesky cat, Peter (pronounced "Pay-tah"). This morning as I was backing out of the driveway on our way to church (Howard was away) I saw Peter lying in our flower bed. He hadn't moved a muscle when I'd started the van so I feared the worst. When we got home from church he still hadn't moved. I walked to the neighbour's house only to find the gate locked. What to do? Basically I fretted all day until one of their children finally came out of the house and then I was able to ask her to go and get her "Papa". He came out looking somewhat baffled and I told him the sad news. Fortunately none of the children were around. I told him I felt so sad for the children and he was also very concerned about them. Awhile later he came with a bag and collected poor Peter.

6 comments:

Dianne Dueck said...

I am feeling very sad for poor Pay-Tah. And surprised you took a picture! :) or :( ??

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

yes, I wasn't sure if I should post this one or not, but in the end I decided that I would in memory of poor Pay-tah!

Ellie said...

so sad :(

Hi! My name is Janet. said...

how tragic! I wonder what happened to the poor kitty?

Hi! My name is Janet. said...

are those flowers in your header called snowdrops? or something else?

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

yes, they are snowdrops and they are everywhere right now. i think they are so lovely and "Easterish".