Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Brazilian and a basket (liner)

Our Brazilian friend, Nivaldo, came to church today in order to talk to Howard. He (as pastor of a small Brazilian church) along with many others have been planning a big worship convention which will take place in Basel in September and had wanted Howard to be a part of the program. Unfortunately, Howard is already booked that day. Too bad. Anyway, I had lots of lunch prepared so we invited Nivaldo home for lunch and had a great Portuguese time around the table.
Today was the day I could finally deliver the basket liner that I had made for a very special friend. It was my nicest liner so far, so I decided to share it with you!
I was even pleased with the bottom that doesn't even show!
And, here is my special friend, Cathy. She has been at BFA for almost forever. When I directed the choir at the elementary school for 6 years, Cathy accompanied and I have to say we were a great team. She was thrilled with the new liner and I enjoyed watching her empty her basket (it was full to the brim of school stuff!), take out the old, well-worn liner (which I had made for her years ago), and put in the new one. Of course, a picture sealed the moment!

No comments: