Friday, August 22, 2008

Our lovely little town

I'm struggling for blog inspiration so I thought I'd just let you wander through our town with me. Sometimes I just have to stop and look and see again where we live and what a blessing it is to live in this little town at the foot of the Black Forest.




Some new staff shared this morning that it is so amazing to them as a family that it's safe for their kids to walk alone on the streets. That's another blessing of living in this little town.



This view was made famous by August Macke, a German artist who spent some time in Kandern in the early 1900s.
Here's what he painted. I borrowed this from the Kandern web page. I think I like it better in real life.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Kandern... and Eileen... *sniff*

Mike said...

Thanks for the town pictures to refresh my nice memories of being there in March 0f 1996 with and because Harold Gustafson's invitation. My pictures are not so consistently good as yours, Eileen. How do you do it? Do you know what I spent on cameras and lenses? I hope not. It embarasses me now. LTB (love the blog)