Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my 47th birthday and I guess I'm getting old, although I sure don't feel it. I thought I would post this picture of me today. Can you guess how old I am here? I think you might be surprised. I was a rather large child. I had just come back from Orlando's birthday party and I was feeling quite pleased with myself, as you can see. I was wearing my favourite coat that my mom had made for me, complete with real rabbit fur. Pretty cool. The old truck in the background belonged to the mission that my parents were helping with at the time. Lots of memories there.
I want to wish my dear friend, Rachel, with whom I share this day, a very happy birthday. She's back in Alberta after spending two years here at BFA as a Resident Assistant in the dorm we sub in. We miss her and I know we'll miss her even more once school starts and we feel the huge hole she has left behind. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RACHEL! We hope you have a fab day with your friends and family.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw... thanks Eileen! Happy Birthday to you too!!! I hope your day has been absolutely wonderful, also. 47 years young - that's not bad at all! I'm a quarter century. Woahee. I miss you too - I'm in Sexsmith right now visiting friends and my last church! And when I see the signs for Peace River I think of you! And my guess for the picture is... hmm.. 3 and a half? LOVE YOU!

Sandee Shuman said...

Eileen! I hope that you have had a wonderful Birthday - in spite of the endless rain(can you believe this weather?!)
The picture of you is absolutely priceless! I love the saddle shoes! Thanks for sharing!
Alles Gute!(or however you say it!)

Ellie said...

Eileen!!!!!!!! I didn't know it was your birthday too! I hope it was happy and these wishes, though late, come with lots of love! you look pretty cute and chubby in that pic. are you 4?

Rose said...

I would not have guessed that was you in that picture... Are you 3? maybe 3.5?

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

Okay! The picture was taken in June of 1965 when I was 3. My birthday, as we know, is August 12 so I was almost 4. Good guessing out there!

markscape said...

I was too late getting my guess in, so I already know the answer. But I was going to say 'One' - really - thinking how precocious you must have been!