Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It has been snowing ALL day

This morning this tree was bare. And as I write, the snow continues to fall and shows no signs of letting up. This snowfall is reminiscent of a "downpour" of snow we had in March a few years ago. The high school went off to Switzerland for the school retreat to enjoy some quality time in the snow. Well, it rained where they were all weekend and as a result, they had no snow. However, that very weekend it absolutely dumped snow here in town to the point that we could not drive on the streets! It was amazing and I have to admit, absolutely beautiful. The kids came back to over 2 feet of snow on the ground. It was crazy. Soccer tryouts were held the next day, but not before the guys (and I suppose some girls too) first shoveled the field!
So you can imagine that if it keeps snowing all night there will be a few more snow pictures here tomorrow. When it snows here it's always very mild (it's +6 right now) and the snow generally comes straight down. Like I said, it's like it "rains" snow because there is always lots of melting happening, but when it snows steadily like this, lots of snow manages to collect as well.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Yeah for snow. I look forward to more pictures of the snow. We had very early snow a week or so ago for a few seconds-that's the way we measure it here in Georgia, usually, or by the quarter inch which closes the schools. Snow always seems to me to bring peace to life by it's quietness and restrictions. I guess I like snow peace.