Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's a CORVAIR!!!

On our way home from Switzerland yesterday we were driving though a village when suddenly I saw a Corvair parked alongside the road. I yelled out, "Hon, it's a CORVAIR!" which almost made poor Howard drive off the road. Once he had collected himself he turned the van around and drove back to the car so I could indulge myself. Wow. What a sight. For those of you who know a bit about our family history, you would know that we had a Corvair for several years, and in fact, all of us kids learned to drive on it. It was a dandy little car and it's sad to think that it's been sitting in the back 40 on the farm for many years just rusting away.

Looking at this one from the front, it could be our car. The back end is longer, however, but the dashboard is identical. Lots of memories came rushing back to me as I stood and looked at that car. My dad would have smiled :)
The price: CHF 17,300 which is about $19,735 Canadian. Not much of a bargain.
But at least I have the pictures.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think the Corvair was better than people were made to believe. I'd drive one now.