Thursday, September 4, 2008

Looking back

I was sorting through a box of "memories" this morning and I had to stop to take a good look at this picture. Here is my mom's family gathered at the airport in Calgary to send off my aunt and uncle. I'm not sure if they were going back to Bolivia or if this was the move that took them to Australia. At any rate, it was interesting to think that this "leaving" thing has been a part of my family's life for a long time. My uncle (who is taking the picture) is Australian, my aunt, Canadian, my cousin John (the little guy whose hand I'm holding) was born in Bolivia and my cousin Joanne was born in Canada. A real missionary family. Until this moment, it did not occur to me that these cousins are MKs. So, it all started way back when in my family. And actually, my parents lived as missionaries in the bush with the Métis for the first 6 years of their married life before they moved back to civilization where I was born.

No comments: