Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More quilts...

These quilts come from Russia.

This exhibit was absolutely beautiful. This is the village theatre. The building itself was amazing, but with the quilts hanging it was incredible. On one side there were quilts from North America and on the other from Japan.

North American quilts.


Japanese quilts.



Bethany loved these little rag quilts. Actually, I did too!





There was a huge area where stores had booths to sell and display their wares. This is the store in Switzerland where I buy my quilting fabric.

It was crazy to see all the stuff that had been hauled into that massive building.

An exhibit with antique quilts from Canada, the US and the UK.


This quilt was from 1875 and was selling for over 800 Euros.


Quilts from Finland.


Wandering through one of the villages on the way to another exhibit.
The most disappointing exhibit of the day was the Amish quilts. We had expected to see tons of those amazing, black quilts, but that was not to be. The quilts that were there were beautiful, just not quite what we had expected.




That's it, I promise! I hope you enjoyed the tour!

2 comments:

Hidden Me said...

Indian quilts are awesome too.. i'f i'm not wrong.. lol

here's my blog

http://grippingtruth1.blogspot.com/

cheers

Mike said...

Thanks for all the color and good pictures, Eileen. Always nice to see a picture of the girl(s). I wonder what the percentage is of fabric sold vs what is actually used? Everyone I have known that buys fabric always has other fabrics. Really, I understand the urge to collect for future use/need in other things, tools for instance. One quilt could ONLY be Canadian. Others were very desirable to me. Quite a display.