Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Recurring theme...

More snow. It absolutely dumped on us overnight. And it obviously made an impression on our neighbour because I saw her measuring it before she shoveled!
Now it's snowing and raining so the streets are a real mess. Walking in situations like today are very hazardous because many German drivers do not consider the fact that their speeding cars are throwing slush and spray all over the pedestrians on the sidewalks. I have to confess that I glared at a few of these inconsiderate drivers today and had my camera ready to snap a picture of their license plates (in case I was splashed) as they made their getaway.
This morning when I left for work this post looked much more impressive. And I don't think I ever noticed before that the church steeple downtown can be seen right between these two houses.
My tulips still looked very happy when I got home so I had to take a picture of them to remind me that this winter-like weather is but a blip on the screen as we move steadily forward to Spring!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Are the small projections on the roofs some kind of snow dam? Beautiful color in the tulips. Speaking of color, I started another batch of carrot soup, Dueck friends. It's so good.

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

Yes, those are there to help slow down the snow as it starts to slide. As you can see, the pitch on the roofs is pretty steep.