Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today I can say today is my birthday!

Years ago Katy made up a little song... Two days before her birthday... "tomorrow I can say, tomorrow is my birthday...Next day... "today I can say tomorrow is my birthday...Birthday day..."today I can say, today is my birthday...". It was cute and it has stuck, so much so that we all know it and we all sing it when her birthday is coming close. So yes, today she can say that TODAY is her birthday - her 17th at that!
We had the traditional gift opening on our bed this morning. The card Bethany made for Katy. Beth was inspired by the Basel artist and sculptor, Jean Tinguley.
A lovely card from Grandma Dennis.
Some of Bethany's old organ music that she used to wrap Katy's gifts. I love this idea!
Katy loves tins and Howard found this one for 1 Euro in that second-hand store in France that we enjoy so much. It was very dirty but once I took the Windex to it, it looked like new.

She had a wonderful day at school while I was busy, busy, busy getting things ready for her birthday supper. She had wanted a poppy seed cake and today it turned out absolutely perfect. I was very pleased.
Bethany has been home this week so she took charge of the table setting.
Katy arrived home after school with all her loot from so many friends. She is a well-loved young woman!
I personally didn't think the meal was that hilarious but at least everyone enjoyed themselves!




1 comment:

Rose said...

Happy Birthday, dear Katy! (even though you don't know me) Glad I could share in the photos.